|Photo courtesy of Google Images|
Some of the other things I remembered experiencing were:
- Colored beads hanging in the doorways
- Big Afros
- The TV went off at 12 midnight
- You only had 3 stations to look at. No remotes to the TV, only dials (the children were the remotes). Rabbit ears on the TV (sometimes you put aluminum foil on the tips of the rabbit ears to pick up signals
- Lava lamps you stared at for hours
- Doughnut trucks coming to your neighborhood on Saturday mornings
- Ice cream trucks every evening when school was out
- Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, And Jimmy Carter were Presidents
- Mealtime with the family at the table was huge
- Splash parties where the kids played in the water shooting from the fire hydrants
- Sunday dinners at church after morning worship, or at a family members house on the regular
- Oldie but goodies playing on the hi-fi and we would pretend we were the groups singing (wearing some of Grandma's and Granddaddy's old clothes for costumes)
- Soul Train with Don Cornelius and American Band Stand with Dick Clark
- The famous Super Heroes were: Superman, Wonder Woman, Almighty Isis, Evel Knievel, Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, Batman and Robin, Captain Marvel, etc....
|My sisters and I growing up in the 70s. Granny in the middle.|
I'm sure there are way more other great things I can't seem to think of that was popular during that time.
Help a Granny out and post what great things you remember from that time in the comment section below.