Hello everyone! Granny here!! No time no hear huh. Just been busy with school reports and preparing for exams. Tonight's dinner consisted of a dish I decided to explore with. You know Granny loves her beans. So here's the recipe:
ground beef ( I prefer ground chuck )
chopped peppers ( I prefer mixture of green, red, and orange )
fresh chopped garlic
whole grain elbow macaroni
seasoning of choice
extra sharp cheddar cheese
1) Brown meat until done, adding seasoning of choice
2) Saute peppers, onions, mushrooms, and garlic until soft but not mushy - feel free to cook with meat. I like them separate
3) Add mixture to cooked pinto beans and cooked macaroni noodles - follow instructions on packaging for beans and noodles. Make sure noodles and beans are drained - I like to use a little of the bean juice
4) Add diced tomatoes
5) Layer mixture as if layering a lasagne with the cheese
6) Bake covered for 15-20 min. Uncovered for 10 min or until top layer of cheese is melted
7) Let stand approx 10-15 min before serving
You can change the ingredients to suit yourself. I had this dish with a spinach salad. I'll post about this later.
Granny loves cooking! She loves eating even more!! What are you having for dinner? Leave comments below.